The University of Illinois Law Review is soliciting symposium proposals for our 2023 volume. We aim to publish 5–7 articles and/or commentaries on timely and relevant legal topics in our symposium issue. While an in-person event at the College of Law is not required, we welcome proposals that include such an event. Symposium applicants should prepare a written proposal no longer than six pages. The proposal should include the following:
- A description of the subject matter of the symposium;
- A short discussion of the timeliness or relevance of the topic and its contribution to legal scholarship;
- A proposed format, identifying the number of lead articles and/or commentaries;
- A preliminary list of contributors and their bios;
- Whether each contributor has committed to participate; and
- Whether you intend to host an in-person event and, if so, the source of funding.
The Law Review is unable to fund an in-person event, but we can support the event with staffing and other logistics.
Please submit proposals in electronic format to email@example.com no later than May 14, 2021. We look forward to considering your submissions. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions.