The Northern Illinois University Law Review is soliciting written manuscripts in connection with the NIU Law Review Symposium.
This Symposium will address the legal and ethical implications of immigration and the United States. Submissions may include analyses that are practical, theoretical, or interdisciplinary in nature. Possible subject matter includes:
- Ethical issues that arise with Immigration reform
- Children's rights and immigration law
- The impact of immigration law on the workforce
- Immigration benefits and relief such as DACA, the Child Status Protection Act, and Waivers and Relief from Deportation
- Due process and the courts in relation to immigration law
- Ethical issues that arise with humanitarian protection for refugees seeking asylum
Submissions or proposals to be considered for publication should be directed to the Law Review Symposium Editor, Cassandra Crandall (at email@example.com). We will accept both full articles and essays (a minimum of 15 pages) for this issue. All submissions should be in Microsoft Word format, 12-point font, and preferably Times New Roman.
Submissions or proposals will be accepted until Friday, October 4, 2019, at 11:59 p.m. CT.
The Law Review will make decisions regarding paper acceptance by the middle of November. If accepted, authors will be expected to submit a completed draft by Friday, January 24, 2020, for editing and publication in the Symposium Issue of the Northern Illinois University Law Review.
Please direct any questions to the attention of the Symposium Editor, Cassandra Crandall, or the Editor-in-Chief, Kaitlyn Linsner, at firstname.lastname@example.org.